How to Swaddle a Newborn Baby with a Muslin or Jersey Wrap
Jersey Wrap Blankets or Muslin Wraps are ideal for wrapping your baby in a swaddle, using as a blanket for the cot/bassinet, a cover over the pram when out and about, a nursing shield or as a snuggly blankie.
Jersey wraps are versatile, durable and one of the most used items in the life of a newborn making them the perfect gift for a new baby or baby shower gift.
This video will show you how to swaddle a newborn baby using our stretch jersey wrap.
- Start by laying out your swaddle wrap on a flat surface.
- Pick up one corner of the wrap and fold it in towards the middle
- Fold it in as much or as little as needed, depending on the size of your baby.
- Place your baby on the wrap, lining up their shoulders with the fold-line.
- Gently hold your baby’s left arm down and tuck it in along their torso.
- Meanwhile pick up the left corner of the wrap and stretch it diagonally across your baby and tuck it in under your baby.
- Hold down your baby’s right arm, whilst picking up the right corner of the wrap and stretching it diagonally across your baby and tucking it snuggly under your baby.
- Now that baby’s arms have been swaddled down, pick up the remaining material at baby’s feet and fold it back towards baby’s head, smoothing it out and tucking it under baby.
Warning: Make sure the wrap does not come up higher than your baby’s neck.
Credit: Snuggle Hunny Kids
Purchase the softest jersey wraps with a matching topknot or beanie